Sunday, September 4, 2011

MORE WAITING......

These past days and weeks tend to blend and overlap quite a bit lately.  I have received lots of texts and messages about last Thursday's surgery,  I didn't realize that my last update was the day before the surgery.  I notice I am often saying, "what day is is this?"  Thanks so much for everyone's concern.  Surgery went well with nothing too remarkable,  Funny to be at same place just two weeks later.  I was definitely not freaked out like the last time, and no skinny dipping either! Dr. Zannis came to talk before the surgery and asked how I felt about the chemo port, I told him having a port placed made this all feel even more real and of course I didn't like that. Same basic pre-surgery prep as the first time.  I was covered with warmed blankets and wheeled away.  I woke up shivering and freezing.  Not sure of time, but managed to be home by 3:00 pm that day.  I looked at my new port, it is placed in my upper right chest area with a skinny tube going up my neck,  I have to say not nearly as bad as I had imagined but still odd looking.  Lymph site has a drain and bandage.  It does have more of a burning/stinging feeling, so I try to keep that side relatively quiet.  I was given different pain meds this time.  I called the office Friday morning and asked to change because they make me anxious and cause insomnia.  The nurse said it was probably the anesthesia and wait a day or two.  So, up all night again and called the doctor on-call and asked again.  The way they act, I am some kind of prescription drug addict...oh well, finally they gave me some Valium to take with pain meds.  Kinda scary but I  may try it tonight. 
Now, once again we wait some more for pathology results from the newly removed nodes.  Have an appointment Wednesday with Dr. Zannis to find out if there are any more positive nodes.  I desperately hope the answer is none!  Keeping me on track with present plan would be great (funny to even think that any plan is great!).  Once again it's all relative!  Either way I will battle through this and keep as positive as I can.
Vance had a basketball tournament this weekend, I am sad not to be there.  I am sure he misses hearing my constructive comments to the refs!  He does love all the food and treats everyone has been so generous to bring to us!  Thank you :)
I am still so amazed and grateful for all the support and love (I know I said that before but it is just so true)!  Thank you all ♥♥♥

THE WAITING......

2 comments:

Tami said...

You are amazing but don't ever be out of touch like that again!!! I love this song, have his album downloaded on my work computer, now it has a new meaning to me. Let me know when you are ready for a visit.....I am packed and ready to go :)

RealNurse said...

Good choice of song. Waiting with you! Love you!