Monday, August 15, 2011

August 16th, What a Day.

I find it so hard to believe tomorrow is the day.  The news still feels so fresh in so many ways.  I have been able to come to terms with a lot of the information, although I don't like it.  I feel extremely confident in my medical team.  I can't express how great I feel with the support I have from my friends and family.  It is such a scary time and every phone call, text, email and prayer help me feel stronger.  
Today was weird, life goes on, people doing their "normal" stuff and I just kept looking at their boobs!  Then someone asks "how are you?" They really have no idea how I could respond to that! Yes,  I controlled myself and said "fine".  Met with Dr Zannis today for pre-op.  He was very nice, and as reassuring as he could be.  The rest of the day...well not much accomplished.  I still have not packed one thing and don't know what I will wear. Vance came home and asked about what was going to happen tomorrow.  I pretty much told him the facts.  He asked about what each doctor does and I explained.  He thinks they have such a cool job.  Of course I said "oh you could be a surgeon, you are so smart and caring like them."  He said "well I just want to look at boobs everyday!"  Great.
Well,  Bruce just got  home from his men's league game, they lost by 20, he is limping and  has gash under his eye. Great.  Thank goodness for superglue! 
So, after I perform first aid and have some champagne, I will try to get some sleep tonight.  I am allowed to get up before 7:00 and have some coffee.  Then nothing else.  Expected at hospital at 10:00.  Surgery at 1:00, then who knows.  Bruce thinks he will blog for me after surgery, that will be fun too.
Well,  I am honestly feeling alright about things right now.  I will get through this and  become stronger because of it.  Now, Happy Birthday to my Mom who after so many years I still miss and love so much but know she will be with me tomorrow!
Once again, THANK YOU ALL so much.  I am so blessed and thankful to have such fabulous people in my life.  ♥♥♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Auntie Sara!! Love, Alex

Anonymous said...

We are very proud of you. Bill & Margaret