Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Still in Limbo

A visit to the plastic surgeon yesterday to discuss possible rebuild.  The Dr made it seem much easier than I imagine, but then again that is his job!  Bruce went with me and made his own requests that were not cancer related!  Second appointment was with radiologist oncologist to discuss possible radiation treatments.  I was there for 3 hours and became very informed.  The Dr discussed different options, but not real definitive about anything.  He is going to present my case to breast surgery board that meets every two weeks.  There are about 30 surgeons that discuss issues.  I would love to be there but he said he will call me after.  My genetic testing is still not in, probably at least another week.  The lab worker was lame and screwed up insurance authorization...such incompetence!  So, I am off to see breast surgeon today to talk about all the things I have learned this week.  Not sure when a plan will be decided, feels like I'm always waiting for some answer about something.  I guess that's all the thrills for now.  I want to say again how grateful I am to have such great support from family and friends. ♥

No comments: