Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blurry

It has been more than three weeks since I received the news and this breast issue hasn't gone away.   I still don't think I  truly believe it all yet and everything still seems so blurry. It seems like every time I get a phone call or go for more tests I get a dose of reality.  In the past I usually preferred female doctors and still felt awkward when having breast exams.  Well, so far I have had at least seventeen strangers look at do things to my breasts!  It doesn't even phase me anymore, in fact I don't think I even need to wear a hospital gown from now on! Had the genetic test done on Monday, results in 7-10 days. I feel like it is highly unlikely, but one more piece of information in the decision puzzle.  I kept my clothes on and just gargled and spit into a little specimen container.  Tuesday I had bilateral biopsies (one on each side, I am learning the lingo for these things!).  Didn't really hurt, took long time though and it was freezing in that room.  Results hopefully by Friday.  I am scared to hear and hoping for something positive!
Once again the waiting continues.
I try to walk around like nothings going on, but then I get reminded by myself the truth and I don't like it.  I am so amazed by the support I am getting from my family and friends.  Thank you all so much it really helps to know you are there (even if I don't always answer my phone or respond to text messages!). ♥



Here I  am at basketball tournament acting like nothings wrong!!!!

No comments: